International Yoga Day 2021
International Yoga Day 2021 is celebrated on 21st June 2021, Monday. Yoga Day 2021 theme is ” Yoga for well-being.”
International Yoga Day 2021 is celebrated on 21st June of every year. It’s celebrated all over the world. It’s become an international festival. This year it’s celebrated on 21st June 2021, Monday. The idea of an International Yoga Day was first proposed by the Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, during his speech at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), on 27 September 2014. He stated
Yoga is an invaluable gift of India’s ancient tradition. It embodies unity of mind and body; thought and action; restraint and fulfillment; harmony between man and nature; a holistic approach to health and well-being. It is not about exercise but to discover the sense of oneness with yourself, the world and the nature. By changing our lifestyle and creating consciousness, it can help in well being. Let us work towards adopting an International Yoga Day.— Narendra Modi, UN General Assembly
When is International Yoga Day
|Also called||Yoga Day|
|Significance||Official United Nations promotion of global health, harmony, and peace|
|Next time||21 June 2021|
|First time||21 June 2015|
Buy Yoga Mats & Get Up To 70% Off Buy Now
International Yoga Day Logo
Logo of International Yoga Day: The logo was created by an 18 member team of New Delhi-based Panchtatva Advertising. The logo was officially launched by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik in New Delhi. The logo for International Yoga Day was handpicked by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and is said to represent all the basic elements that constitute basic consciousness.
Folding of both hands in the logo symbolizes Yoga, which reflects the union of individual consciousness with that of universal consciousness, a perfect harmony between mind and body, man and nature, the holistic approach to health and well-being, a senior government official said.
The brown leaves in the logo symbolize the earth element, the green leaves nature, blue the fire element while the sun symbolizes the source of energy and inspiration, the official said.
What is Yoga?
Yoga is a group of physical, mental, and spiritual practices or disciplines that originated in ancient India. Yoga is a system of exercises for the body that involves breath control and helps relax both your mind and body. Yoga has been beneficial in keeping the body and mind in sound health. Yoga is an exercise that makes our bodies and minds strong. Benefits of Yoga Click Here
Yoga keeps our bodies balanced physically and mentally. As yoga keeps every disease away from our body. Yoga is just an important exercise for our body. The practice of Pranayama regulates the purification of the internal system and the organs, acting as a superior and able supplement to asanas.
International Yoga Day in Hindi Click Here
International Yoga Day Theme
“Yoga For Well-Being”
- International Yoga Day Theme 2015: Yoga for Harmony and Peace
- International Yoga Day Theme 2016: Yoga for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals
- International Yoga Day Theme 2017: Yoga for Health
- International Yoga Day Theme 2018: Yoga for Peace
- International Yoga Day Theme 2019: Yoga for Heart
- International Yoga Day Theme 2020: Yoga at Home and Yoga with Family
- International Yoga Day Theme 2021: Yoga For Well-Being
International Yoga Day 2021 Wishes
- Yoga is the best medicine to heal your internal, external and emotional pain.
- Yoga shines the light of awareness to the darkest corners of your body.
- Yoga Is The Journey Of Self, Through Self, To Self.
- Make yoga a daily part of your life and life your life to the fullest.
- Where nothing works yoga does.
- Yoga teaches us the way to live life simply.
International Yoga Day Images
International Yoga Day Quotes
- Yoga is the way to achieve your goals.
- Yoga with the family will be safe and memorable.
- Yoga is the enemy of stress and pressure of mind.
- Yoga is the perfect and instant way to cure mental, physical, spiritual, and emotional illnesses.
- The time when I go for yoga is the best time for my body’s happiness.
- Yoga makes me and my mind fit.
- Yoga is the key to happiness.
Famous Quotes on Yoga Day
“Yoga is a light, which once lit, will never dim,
the better your practice the brighter your flame..-B.K.S. Iyengar
In today fast-changing time,
Yoga binds together a person’s body,
brain and soul, hence making
one experience a feeling of peace…– Narendra Modi (PM of India)
“Yoga is the Journey of the self, through the self, to the self”..– Bhagavad Gita
“From Dehradun to Dublin,
Shanghai to Chicago,
Jakarta to Johannesburg,
Yoga has become a positive influence
in lives of million”..– Narendra Modi (PM of India)
“Yoga is like music,
The rhythm of the body,
and Harmony of the soul,
Have a healthy Yoga day.
“Happy World Yoga Day”
“Yoga is just not doing some exercise, it is much more,
It is to expand your awareness, Sharpen your intellect and
enhance your intuitive ability”..– Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Happy International Yoga Day
- The perfect medication for every emotional and mental problem is yoga.
- To keep yourself calm try yoga.”
- Yoga is light the light for our body that could never be dimmed.
- Yoga is a miracle for the body.
- Yoga Helps Us To Think Beyond Our Imaginations.
- The Practice My Elders Suggest Me To Do To Stay Healthy And Fit Is Yoga.
- Yoga helps me to perform different tasks throughout the day.
- The key to fitness anytime and anywhere is yoga.
- You cannot control what is going outside, but you can control what is going inside. Happy international yoga day.
- Yoga lights up on our negative thoughts and gives us the path to throw them out.
- Yoga helps in maintaining a balanced attitude in day-to-day life. Happy international yoga day.
International Yoga Day Celebrations and Activities
- Arrange a Yoga class with your family members at home.
- Watch yoga class videos on YouTube and do some yoga poses at home.
- Read articles about yoga and share your knowledge on Social Media platforms.
- Share your favorite quotes about Yoga with friends & families.
How to watch the International Yoga Day event 2021:
The International Yoga Day event for 2021 will be telecast live on June 21, 2021, from 0830 hrs (EDT) on UN Web TV and social media pages of the Permanent Mission of India. Indian Council for Cultural Relations and the State Bank of India in New York supported Yoga Day celebrations this year.
Ques.1: Why is 21st June celebrated as yoga day?
Ans.1: The United Nations General Assembly proposed on December 11 and established June 21 as “International Yoga Day.” The date was assigned for the occasion as it is the longest day when the sun is out at its most compared to every other day of the year.
Ques.2: What is the theme of Yoga Day 2020?
Ans.2: The 6th International Yoga Day 2020 theme is ‘Yoga for Health-Yoga at Home’.
Ques.3: Who is the founder of yoga?
Ans.3: The Adi Yogi Shiva. International Yoga Day: The Adi Yogi Shiva is the founder of Yoga. Yoga was developed by the Indus-Sarasvati civilization in Northern India over 5,000 years ago. The word Yoga was first mentioned in the oldest sacred texts, the Rig Veda.
Ques.4: WHO has declared 21st June as the International Day of Yoga?
Ans.4: Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Ques.5: What is the importance of a yoga day?
Ans.5: The aim of this day is to educate people about the physical, mental, and spiritual benefits that can be derived from practicing yoga.
Ques.6: International Yoga Day Hashtags
Ans.5: Yoga Day Social Media Hashtags #InternationalYogaDay, #InternationalDayOfYoga2021, #Yoga, #YogaClass, #YogaBenefits, #YogaInIndia, #YogaInAustralia, #YogaInUSA, #YogaInEngland, #YogaBecomesInternational, #WorldYogaDay, #WorldYogaDay2021.