The Indian Premier League (IPL) 2022: The Board of Control for Cricket in India has approved the inclusion of two new teams in the upcoming Indian Premier League at its 89th Annual General Meeting in Ahmedabad on Thursday (December 24). BCCI may be conduct bidding for two new IPL teams on October 17.
Currently, Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Indore, Cuttack, Guwahati, and Dharamsala are available for bidding.
According to Cricbuzz has obtained information that the BCCI has informed the parties of three key dates – September 21, October 5, and October 17. Clarifications can be sought up to September 21, the ITT (Invitation To Tender) document will be available for purchase till October 5 and the auction will be held, most likely, on October 17. It has been confirmed that there is no e-auction and the age-old practice of the closed bidding process will be followed.
According to Cricbuzz, the retention details are expected to be announced in November and the mega auction is likely to be held in January 2022.
What about player retention?
Currently, the BCCI has not said anything on the players to be retained by the existing teams. It is, however, understood that the board may allow two retentions and two Right To Match (RTM) cards.
Players Most Likely To Be Retained In Ipl 2022
- Chennai Super Kings – The CSK team is most likely to retain MS Dhoni, Ravindra Jadeja & Suresh Raina
- Delhi Capitals – The DC team is most likely to retain Rishabh Pant, Shreyas Iyer
- Kolkata Knight Riders – The KKR team is most likely to retain Shubhman Gill & Andre Russel. Because this retention is for three years so they think to grow young gill as a KKR next captain.
- Mumbai Indians – Mumbai Indians have lots of match-winners but this time they need to leaves some players. The MI team is most likely to retain IPL successfully captain Rohit Sharma & world best fast bowler Jasprith Bumrah.
- Punjab Kings – The PBKS team most likely to retain KL Rahul & Mayan Agarwal
- Rajasthan Royals – The RR team retain their captain Sanju Samson & England fast bowler Jofra Archer
- Royal Challengers Bangalore – The RCB team goes with Virat Kohli & AB Develiers for the next three years.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad – The SRH is looking for a fresh team & I think they retain only Rashid Khan or Bhuvneshwar Kumar.