EPFO: Employee Provident Fund Organization of India
The Mithila Times | Business Desk | EPFO: In this article we talk about EPFO account procedure step by step. We talk about how to login EPFO account?, how to update aadhaar in epfo?, epf aadhaar link mobile number, how to link aadhar with epfo?, how to login epf account?, how to check epf balance online?, epf aadhaar card update online, how to update aadhaar card in epf online?. So stay with us:
What is the provident fund (PF )?
A provident fund is a government-managed, mandatory retirement savings scheme used in India The Employee Provident Fund Organization of India or EPFO has instructed all organizations to put a fraction of employees’ salaries into the provident fund. A worker gives a portion of his/her salary to the provident fund, and an employer should make a contribution on behalf of the employees.
How the provident fund is calculated?
The employee contributes 12 percent of his or her basic salary along with the Dearness Allowance every month to the EPF account. For example: If the basic salary is Rs. 16,000 per month, the employee contribution shall be 12 % of 16000, which comes to Rs 1920/-. This amount is the employee contribution.
How to log in to a provident fund account?
Login to EPFO Member Portal: First, You will be required to create your own password and ID of your choice when you are logging in for the first time.
Steps to Login to EPFO Member Portal
In order for employees and employers to log in on the EPFO portal, they must first activate their UAN. The process to activate the UAN is very simple and can be done online on the EPFO portal. The UAN is allotted to every member of the EPF scheme by the EPFO.
EPFO portal For Employees
The process to log in to the EPFO portal for employees is mentioned below:
- First, employees must go to the EPFO website which is https://www.epfindia.gov.in
- Once the employee is on the EPFO website, he/she must go to ‘Services’ and click on ‘For Employees.
- On the next page, the employee must click on ‘Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)’. The link can be found under ‘Services’.
- On the new page, the employee must enter his/her UAN and password. Along with those details, the employee must also enter the captcha details that have been provided.
- Next, the employee must click on ‘Sign In’.
- The next page will lead to the employee’s EPFO portal. Employees can update their Know Your Customer (KYC) details, claim their PF amount, check their PF balance, and transfer their PF amount on the EPFO portal.
How to Check EPF Account Balance?
Here are 4 methods to check your PF account balance:
1. Umang App
2. Check on EPFO Portal
3. Through SMS
4. Via Missed Call
How can I link my Aadhar card with EPF online?
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has made it necessary for the employees to link Aadhaar with their Universal Account Number. One can link Aadhaar with EPF account both online and offline.
Here are online steps to link Aadhar Card with EPF account :
1. सबसे पहले आपको EPFO की वेबसाइट www.epfindia.gov.in पर लॉग इन करना होगा.
2. इसके बाद Online Services पर जाकर e-KYC Portal और फिर link UAN aadhar पर क्लिक करना होगा.
3. आपको अपना UAN नंबर और UAN अकाउंट से रजिस्टर्ड मोबाइल नंबर अपलोड करना है.
4. आपके मोबाइल नंबर पर एक OTP नंबर आएगा.
5. आधार के बॉक्स में अपना 12 डिजिट का आधार नंबर भर दें और सबमिट कर दें
6. फिर Proceed to OTP verification आएगा उसे क्लिक कर दें
7. फिर से आधार डिटेल्स को वेरिफाई करन के लिए आधार से लिंक मोबाइल नंबर या मेल पर OTP जेनेरेट करना होगा.
8. वेरिफिकेशन के बाद आपका आधार आपके PF अकाउंट लिंक हो जाएगा.
How can I link my Aadhar card with EPF offline?
Here are offline steps to link Aadhar Card with EPF account :
- Fill the “Aadhaar Seeding Application” form.
- Enter your UAN and Aadhaar in the form along with other relevant details.
- Attach self-attested copies of your UAN, PAN and Aadhaar with the form.
- Submit it to the executive at any of the field offices of EPFO or Common Service Centers (CSC) outlets.
- After proper verification, your Aadhaar will be linked with your EPF account.
- You will get a message related to this on your registered mobile number.