Every year world celebrated International Yoga Day on June 21st to raise awareness about the importance and benefits of yoga . This year (2022), the world will commemorate the 8th International Yoga Day. Without a doubt, yoga brings body, mind, and spirit into balance.
History of International Yoga Day 2022
The idea of an International Yoga Day was first proposed by the Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi during his speech to the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on September 27, 2014. On December 11, 2014, the United Nations General Assembly declared June 21 to be International Yoga Day or The World Yoga Day. International Yoga Day has been observed on June 21st since 2015. He stated-
International Yoga Day 2022
Yoga is an invaluable gift of India’s ancient tradition. It embodies unity of mind and body; thought and action; restraint and fulfilment; harmony between man and nature; a holistic approach to health and well-being. It is not about exercise but to discover the sense of oneness with yourself, the world and the nature. By changing our lifestyle and creating consciousness, it can help in well being. Let us work towards adopting an International Yoga Day.- Narendra Modi, UN General Assembly
When is International Yoga Day 2022
The International Day of Yoga has been celebrated annually on 21 June since 2015. This year international yoga day 2022 is celebrated on 21st June 2022, Tuesday.
International Yoga Day Logo
Logo of International Yoga Day: The logo was created by an 18 member team of New Delhi-based Panchtatva Advertising. The logo was officially launched by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Minister of State for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik in New Delhi. The logo for International Yoga Day was handpicked by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and is said to represent all the basic elements that constitute basic consciousness.
Folding of both hands in the logo symbolises Yoga, which reflects the union of individual consciousness with that of universal consciousness, a perfect harmony between mind and body, man and nature, the holistic approach to health and well-being, a senior government official said.
The brown leaves in the logo symbolise the earth element, the green leaves nature, blue the fire element while the sun symbolises the source of energy and inspiration, the official said. Source:- PTI
Significance of International Yoga Day 2022
Yoga is a group of physical, mental, and spiritual practices or disciplines that originated in ancient India. Yoga is a system of exercises for the body that involves breath control and helps relax both your mind and body. Yoga has been beneficial in keeping the body and mind in sound health. Yoga is an exercise that makes our bodies and minds strong.
Yoga keeps our bodies balanced physically and mentally. As yoga keeps every disease away from our body. Yoga is just an important exercise for our body. The practice of Pranayama regulates the purification of the internal system and the organs, acting as a superior and able supplement to asanas.
International Yoga Day Theme 2022- “‘Yoga for Humanity’”
- International Yoga Day Theme 2015: Yoga for Harmony and Peace
- International Yoga Day Theme 2016: Yoga for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals
- International Yoga Day Theme 2017: Yoga for Health
- International Yoga Day Theme 2018: Yoga for Peace
- International Yoga Day Theme 2019: Yoga for Heart
- International Yoga Day Theme 2020: Yoga at Home and Yoga with Family
- International Yoga Day Theme 2021: Yoga For Well-Being
- International Yoga Day Theme 2021: Yoga For Humanity
International Yoga Day Celebrations and Activities
- Arrange a Yoga class with your family members at home.
- Watch yoga class videos on YouTube and do some yoga poses at home.
- Read articles about yoga and share your knowledge on Social Media platforms.
- Share your favorite quotes about Yoga with friends & families.
How to watch the International Yoga Day event 2022
The International Yoga Day event for 2022 will be telecast live on June 21, 2022, from 0830 hrs (EDT) on UN Web TV and social media pages of the Permanent Mission of India. Indian Council for Cultural Relations and the State Bank of India in New York supported Yoga Day celebrations this year.
International Yoga Day 2022 Wishes
Happy Yoga Day 2022 Wishes Images, Quotes, Status, Messages, Photos
From Dehradun to Dublin,
Shanghai to Chicago,
Jakarta to Johannesburg,
Yoga has become a positive influence
in lives of million”..– Narendra Modi (PM of India)
Yoga is like music,
The rhythm of the body,
and Harmony of the soul,
Have a healthy Yoga day.
Happy World Yoga Day
Yoga is just not doing some exercise, it is much more,
It is to expand your awareness, Sharpen your intellect and
enhance your intuitive ability”..– Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
International Yoga Day Images
1. Yoga is the Journey of the self, through the self, to the self”.– Bhagavad Gita
2. Yoga is the best medicine to heal your internal, external and emotional pain.
3. Yoga shines the light of awareness to the darkest corners of your body.
4. Yoga Is The Journey Of Self, Through Self, To Self.
5. Make yoga a daily part of your life and life your life to the fullest.
6. Where nothing works yoga does.
7. Yoga teaches us the way to live life simply.
Happy International Yoga Day
1. The perfect medication for every emotional and mental problem is yoga.
2. To keep yourself calm try yoga.
3. Yoga is light the light for our body that could never be dimmed
4. Yoga Helps Us To Think Beyond Our Imaginations.
5. Yoga lights up on our negative thoughts and gives us the path to throw them out.
6. Yoga helps in maintaining a balanced attitude in day-to-day life.
7. The key to fitness anytime and anywhere is yoga.
Happy Yoga Day 2022 Photos
Yoga Day FAQ
Ques.1: Why is 21st June celebrated as yoga day?
Ans.1: The United Nations General Assembly proposed on December 11 and established June 21 as “International Yoga Day.” The date was assigned for the occasion as it is the longest day when the sun is out at its most compared to every other day of the year.
Ques.2: What is the theme of International Yoga Day 2022?
Ans.2: The 8th International Yoga Day 2022 theme is ‘Yoga for Humanity’.
Ques.3: Who is the founder of yoga?
Ans.3: The Adi Yogi Shiva. International Yoga Day: The Adi Yogi Shiva is the founder of Yoga. Yoga was developed by the Indus-Sarasvati civilization in Northern India over 5,000 years ago. The word Yoga was first mentioned in the oldest sacred texts, the Rig Veda.
Ques.4: WHO has declared 21st June as the International Day of Yoga?
Ans.4: Prime Minister Narendra Modi
Ques.5: What is the importance of a yoga day?
Ans.5: The aim of this day is to educate people about the physical, mental, and spiritual benefits that can be derived from practicing yoga.
Ques.6: International Yoga Day Hashtags
Ans.5: Yoga Day Social Media Hashtags #InternationalYogaDay, #InternationalDayOfYoga2021, #Yoga, #YogaClass, #YogaBenefits, #YogaInIndia, #YogaInAustralia, #YogaInUSA, #YogaInEngland, #YogaBecomesInternational, #WorldYogaDay, #WorldYogaDay2021.